We are pleased to announce a new series of work titled ‘Last Refuge’ by award winning photographer David Zimmerman. About this work David explains:
‘The ‘Last Refuge’ series was photographed in a community of people who live in the desert entirely removed from society, where there is no water or electricity. Driven by hardship and the need for independence, these people create shelter with scrap and good intentions. The clothing in these pictures was one mans roof.’
‘Last Refuge’ has been exhibited at the Detroit Centre for Contemporary Photography and will open as a solo exhibition in New York City, in Soho on the 8th December. David’s photographs have also been shortlisted for the Terry O’Neill Award 2011, opens 8th December at the Hot Shoe Gallery, London.
A new series of platinum / palladium prints from David’s Desert project has been awarded third prize by juror Michael Mazzeo (Michael Mazzeo Gallery, New York City).
- James Sparshatt’s Rhythms of Emotion in the exhibition space at the Norwich Theatre Royal
- James Sparshatt in Louisiana in October
- Henri Matisse – A Master of Print
- Woodcuts from Wonderland: The Story Behind the Prints.
- In Conversation with Pat Southwood
- Photography at Capital Culture Gallery
- Barry Cawston – Banksy’s Dismaland and Others @ The Volklingen Hutte
- Art Fair season continues in New York!
- Affordable Art Fair Battersea Spring 2018
- Image Story – Art Karlsruhe – So far