The Exhibition so far…
This afternoon marks the first Artist Talk to take place in our new Gallery. The seats are set, the tickets are sold, mince pies and wine are at the ready and James Sparshatt is practicing his talk. (It’s sounding great!). Artist talks are something we are already excited to do again in the future. It gives such a great insight into our Artists, their process and why they do what they do. We are donating the proceeds to the local preschool and hope to share the total we have raised on our facebook page and right here on our blog. Keep an eye out for that!
Capital Culture Gallery has had a lot of ‘firsts’ with this exhibition. For example, it is the first exhibition for us in the new Norfolk gallery. The first Artist Talk here. The first private view here. We have enjoyed watching how much the space changes depending on what is on the walls. We have enjoyed meeting more of the local people and hearing about their love of photography.
James says this about exhibiting in the village:
“As a result of the Art Fairs we do, more people in New York know what I do than here in Coltishall. It is great to be able to share my work with my neighbours and friends. So lovely to be able to discuss it with them and share the stories behind each shot.”
– James Sparshatt
This first exhibition has taught us a lot about the local area and our space. We have started planning next year and an exciting mix of different exhibitions, events and outreach work. Make sure and keep an eye on our events page and again, on this blog as that is where we will be announcing these.
Still Time Left!
The exhibition still has a week left. Therefore if you would like to come and check it out there is still plenty of time! We are open Tuesday – Saturday. We look forward to seeing you soon.
- James Sparshatt’s Rhythms of Emotion in the exhibition space at the Norwich Theatre Royal
- James Sparshatt in Louisiana in October
- Henri Matisse – A Master of Print
- Woodcuts from Wonderland: The Story Behind the Prints.
- In Conversation with Pat Southwood
- Photography at Capital Culture Gallery
- Barry Cawston – Banksy’s Dismaland and Others @ The Volklingen Hutte
- Art Fair season continues in New York!
- Affordable Art Fair Battersea Spring 2018
- Image Story – Art Karlsruhe – So far