Capital Culture Gallery, Coltishall
Capital Culture Gallery is excited to present Latin Spirit: An exhibition of photographs by James Sparshatt. This will be the first exhibition in our Colitshall space.
James’ black and white photographs of music and dance from the Latin world will take centre stage. From the 8th December to the 23rd December you can escape from the cold and warm yourself with images of Salsa, Flamenco and Tango. During this time we are extending our opening hours to Tuesday – Saturday 10am – 5pm.
“My love of photography developed while I was working as an adventure guide and photojournalist in Latin America in the 1990s. Both there, and later in Cuba, I was captivated by the energy and exuberance of the festivals and dance so inherent in Latino life. Many of my images celebrate the rich and vibrant musical heritage of Havana, Buenos Aires and Seville.” – James Sparshatt
There will be a private view on the 7th December at 6pm. If you would like attend this and enjoy a mojito with us then please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In addition to that on the 16th December there will be a talk by James himself about his work and his experiences. These talks are popular events and places are limited. Therefore if you would like to attend then please let us know as soon as possible. Tickets for this will cost £5 with all proceeds going to Coltishall and Horstead Preschool’s Development Fund. To book your place please email email@example.com.
We look forward to seeing you there!
The exhibition runs from Friday 8th December – Saturday 23rd December. The opening hours are Tuesday – Saturday. 10am-5pm.
- James Sparshatt’s Rhythms of Emotion in the exhibition space at the Norwich Theatre Royal
- James Sparshatt in Louisiana in October
- Henri Matisse – A Master of Print
- Woodcuts from Wonderland: The Story Behind the Prints.
- In Conversation with Pat Southwood
- Photography at Capital Culture Gallery
- Barry Cawston – Banksy’s Dismaland and Others @ The Volklingen Hutte
- Art Fair season continues in New York!
- Affordable Art Fair Battersea Spring 2018
- Image Story – Art Karlsruhe – So far