David Cottingham, Gabrielle Pool
24-JUN-2011 to 03-JUL-2011
Daily 12pm-6pm closed Mondays
A Painted Odyssey explores the work of two contrasting painters who seek the essence of place through their application of paint.
Gabrielle Pool is an Australia-based artist. This series of work was developed as a result of spending time with the Hamer people in Ethiopia and Maasai in Kenya. Many of her remarkably sensitive paintings incorporate ritual pigments given to her during this time.
David Cottingham’s bold lush use of paint captures the dramatic lighting of dawn and dusk in locations around the globe. His use of a rich colour palette and dynamic application produce an abstract interpretation of landscape-inspired paintings.
Art gallery | Photos, sculpture, painting | Art fairs
#CapitalCultureGallery For work: Artsy 👇 https://www.artsy.net/capital-culture-gallery/artists
- James Sparshatt in New Orleans
- Rural Business Awards – Finalist
- James Sparshatt’s Rhythms of Emotion in the exhibition space at the Norwich Theatre Royal
- James Sparshatt in Louisiana in October
- Henri Matisse – A Master of Print
- Woodcuts from Wonderland: The Story Behind the Prints.
- In Conversation with Pat Southwood
- Photography at Capital Culture Gallery
- Barry Cawston – Banksy’s Dismaland and Others @ The Volklingen Hutte
- Art Fair season continues in New York!