Laura Medler’s Continuum series was created using a modified camera which captures a continuous image across an entire length of film, exposed in a single take. This unique photographic process creates work of innovative and striking beauty. The images are housed in specially designed light boxes using LED sources reducing power consumption and heat emission.
‘Given the extensive use of photography by artists, it has become increasingly difficult to describe new work within that medium as being genuinely innovative and original. However, in the case of Laura Medler’s work, I can honestly say: ‘I’ve never seen anything like this before’. […] This is analogue photography at its most inventive by someone who is always prepared to experiment and take a risk.'[John Hilliard, London, 2006]
Art gallery | Photos, sculpture, painting | Art fairs
#CapitalCultureGallery For work: Artsy 👇 https://www.artsy.net/capital-culture-gallery/artists
- James Sparshatt in New Orleans
- Rural Business Awards – Finalist
- James Sparshatt’s Rhythms of Emotion in the exhibition space at the Norwich Theatre Royal
- James Sparshatt in Louisiana in October
- Henri Matisse – A Master of Print
- Woodcuts from Wonderland: The Story Behind the Prints.
- In Conversation with Pat Southwood
- Photography at Capital Culture Gallery
- Barry Cawston – Banksy’s Dismaland and Others @ The Volklingen Hutte
- Art Fair season continues in New York!