James Sparshatt, Rachael Dalzell
29-SEP-2010 to 10-OCT-2010
Majesty of Ireland is a collection of art inspired by the wild coastal landscape of Ireland. The exhibition marks the latest body of work by the artists in an ongoing project exploring remote parts of the world. In the past three years their ambition to capture the stark beauty of isolated landscapes has taken them from the magnificent peaks of Ladakh to remote Scottish islands and across the volcanic terrain of Iceland.
In Spring 2010, the artists were awarded a residency in Cill Rialaig artists’ retreat on the stunning Iveragh peninsular in County Kerry, Ireland. The land projects in to the vast Atlantic Ocean, offering a particular kind of wilderness, and inspiration for artistic creativity. Majesty of Ireland draws together the artists’ response to their surroundings capturing the transient moods of the land, sea and sky in a place where all four seasons can pass in a single day.
The effect of these two artists working simultaneously ‘interpreting the same scene or moment through the two different mediums of painting and photography’ produces an exhibition which is as hauntingly atmospheric in mood as the works are technically brilliant in their close observation of form and light.
Art gallery | Photos, sculpture, painting | Art fairs
#CapitalCultureGallery For work: Artsy 👇 https://www.artsy.net/capital-culture-gallery/artists
- James Sparshatt in New Orleans
- Rural Business Awards – Finalist
- James Sparshatt’s Rhythms of Emotion in the exhibition space at the Norwich Theatre Royal
- James Sparshatt in Louisiana in October
- Henri Matisse – A Master of Print
- Woodcuts from Wonderland: The Story Behind the Prints.
- In Conversation with Pat Southwood
- Photography at Capital Culture Gallery
- Barry Cawston – Banksy’s Dismaland and Others @ The Volklingen Hutte
- Art Fair season continues in New York!